“The Kennel Club, having consulted with the FCI Agility Committee, has with regret decided to cancel the European Open Agility Championships due to be held at Rutland Showground on 31st July – 2nd August 2020.
This decision has been made due the continued spread of COVID -19 and the risk to the health of everyone concerned. We have taken account of the fact that in some countries national qualification processes may not be completed over the summer and whether, realistically, individual teams would be prepared to commit to travelling even after the virus has peaked. There remains uncertainty about whether and when national governments’ policies restricting international travel will be lifted.
It was hoped that we may have been be able to postpone the event until late September or October 2020 but this is not considered practical for many reasons. This has been a very difficult discussion; however, in announcing a decision now we hope it may provide some certainty to our Agility friends in these uncertain times. We hope you and your families all remain safe and well and we look forward to seeing you again under happier circumstances.
At the present time the Kennel Club’s ‘International Agility Festival’ is going ahead as scheduled with the situation being reviewed in line with Government advice on an ongoing basis.”
Steve Croxford, Kennel Club Board member and UK FCI Representative